The general consensus is that I am in a pretty sunny, sparkly, glitter-farty place right now.
Sometimes though, I still have these very short, very slight periods where everything goes to blah and I feel like absolute blah. Your rational side knows it will pass soon enough but you just feel like eating your feelings and telling your rational side to faaark aaawf.
Erm, you know that feeling, right? I'm not the only one eating her feelings (and sometimes all of Australia's), am I? Oh good!
A big key in recovering from that bastard black dog is being able to identify that it's back on the scene and bracing yourself to ride it out. Like an enormous wave coming toward you, you make the choice to sink or swim.
A friend of mine on Facebook has for the last few weeks been posting a five at five daily. Basically, it's a commitment she's made to make her stop and look for the positive in every day. Because it is there, sometimes we just have to look a little harder, dig a little deeper.
I am inspired!
So, I am going to begin my own version of the five at five. Five fabs that have rocked my world during the past week. A simple task to seek out the happy.
1. My sister opening up to me about some troubles she's been having. My heart aches for her and oh, you better believe I want to lash out like a protective big sister but this conversation was a big moment for us. I am the chronic over sharer of the family, my sister is the polar opposite - Her knowing I'm there for her and actually taking me up on that makes me smile. Makes me all warm and fuzzy actually. Yes, mushy I know!
2. Walking around the local botanic gardens with the squids. Spring weather, gorgeous surroundings, kids running absolutely wild and wearing themselves out for an early bedtime so I get an extra hour of quiet time? Motherfucking bliss yo!
3. The shit that motherhood makes me say! Earlier this week, I found myself consoling a distraught Oscar because I wouldn't take him to a mosque. In his defence, it was a big, fancy gold building but still, never ever thought I'd say shit like "Please don't cry because Mummy won't take you to a mosque!"
4. Maccas Sundaes after not eating them for 40 weeks. Chocolate on the top, caramel on the bottom. Come. To. Mama!
5. Watch it. Try not to wee your pants. 'Nuff said!
I'll be back next week with my quest to seek the happy. Maybe you'd like to join in even? x